Attention Teamsters Local 251 Members:
We are keeping up with updates on the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) and seek to comply to guidance by the Centers for Disease Control and RI Department of Health. Please stay informed and take necessary safety precautions during this time.
The March 15 Construction Division contract proposal meeting has been postponed until further notice.
The March 29 General Membership Meeting has been cancelled. All future Membership Meetings are still scheduled as of now, but we will assess the situation for each meeting as they approach as needed.
For RI workplaces, if you are unable to work, but your place of business remains open, you may be eligible for Temporary Disability Insurance (TDI).
• To apply for TDI, please visit https://dltweb.dlt.ri.gov/TDIReserve/Home.
• Be sure to clearly indicate on your application that you have been impacted by COVID-19.
• Benefits may be available for you to care for yourself or a family member that has been impacted through Temporary Caregiver Insurance (TCI).
• For more information about TDI please visit http://www.dlt.ri.gov/tdi/tdifaqs.htm.
• For COVID-19 related claims, DLT will waive the seven-day minimum amount of time that claimants must be out of work to qualify for TDI/TCI benefits.
• For individuals under quarantine, DLT will waive the required medical certification, and instead will allow them to temporary qualify via self-attestation that they were under quarantine due to COVID-19
For RI workplaces, if you are out of work and are not being compensated, you may be eligible for Unemployment Insurance (UI).
•If your place of business closes, or you are directed by your employer to remain home, you may be eligible for unemployment insurance (UI).
• To apply for UI, please visit http://www.dlt.ri.gov/ui/fileclaim2.htm.
• Please be sure to indicate that your claim is a result of COVID-19.• DLT will waive the seven-day waiting period for UI claims related to COVID-19.
For members on Local 251 Health Services medical plan, member co-pays for COVID-19 tests have been waived.
As a reminder, Doctor On Demand telemedicine services are part of the medical benefits already. Please Click Here for Dr On Demand if you cannot see your primary care physician in a timely manner.
Let’s all please be safe for our families and the community. We will update members on these matters as well as normal union matters by blast text alerts and web/social media platforms. Please text IBT251alert to 313131 for text alerts.*
*By opting in to text alerts, all message & data rates may apply. You may stop alerts at any time by texting STOP.